Monday, 28 July 2014

Jazzy trousers - Cardiff

After working all week and having just been paid, a shopping day out was needed. Fancying somewhere a little different, Alison and myself took the train to Cardiff. The city center is wonderful to shop in, Cardiff is filled with little backstreet boutiques and cafe's.


One of the places I was keen to visit was the Oxfam charity shop to see if they had any hidden treasures, last time I visited the Cardiff store I came across the All Saints and NW3 brands. When going through second hand shops it can be very hit and miss so it's best not to expect anything. I'd been through most the racks and at the point of almost giving up I found these very jazzy skinny trousers from Topshop for £6.99, bargain! 
I also put my John Lewis discount card to good use and purchased the Nars pro prime eye primer, for the past year I've been using a bunch of Urban Decay samples so thought I should really invest into something that would last me longer. The lovely lady at the counter also gave me sample pots of the much coveted Nars Sheer glow foundation, we couldn't decide the exact shade so she gave me both so I could test them out at home in natural daylight.


One of the things I like about buying second hand occasionally is that I don't feel so guilty about ruining them in the long run. I cannot tell you how many tops and dresses I have that don't get worn as much purely for the reason I'm too afraid of ruining them with spilled drinks. With these trousers I know I can roam around busy bars and house parties carelessly because if they get ruined, big deal, they were only £6.99, who cares.



The little splits at the bottom add a bit of retro 50's to them.



2 comments:

  1. Wonderful look...I like your blog.^^
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thank you! That would be nice, just had a peek at yours and it looks great too :) xx

      Delete