Thursday, 3 July 2014

'Ladies of Leisure' in Cirencester - Part one

Nearly two years ago just after I finished 6th form, my Mum and Step Dad made the decision to leave the greatest city in the England (in my opinion) and our home, Bristol, to move to the Cotswold's. For that first year I clung to my Bristol roots, any spare time I had I went back to visit friends and family, I couldn't wait to go travelling and start University.
 In the past I had dismissed Cirencester as nothing but a sea of Barber jackets, but now I'm back for my second summer here and the weather has been be-a-utiful! Emily has come to visit me in what will be a two part Cirencester exploration, to show why I've now fallen in love with this place. 

Emily, playing the Lady of leisure.

Lick the Spoon is perhaps my favourite place at the moment, they do the most amazing gluten free brownies with a choice of ice cream drizzled in chocolate sauce. I usually find gluten free desserts a tad dry but here they are so moist and I couldn't taste any difference whatsoever, the lovely man who runs this shop told me that gluten free brownies should only be dry if it's left out too long. 



Since 2006 when the company was first launched Lick the Spoon have won many awards for their outstanding chocolate and has been recognized by Nigella Lawson, one chef on a judging panel described their chocolates "Equal to the finest in the world". For more information visit their website at www. Lickthespoon.co.uk . 


When we first moved to the Cotswold's, I really didn't appreciate what treasures Cirencester had to offer. The whole town center is a maze of cute backstreets with hidden cafe's and quirky boutiques.


One of the boutiques 'Encore', only stocks second hand designer clothes, Emily picked up this 'oh so chic' vintage Ralph Lauren shirt for £25.  At the same store I picked up this cute Clu jumper worth over £100 for just £24, the sheer frill at the bottom is just divine, I feel so french. I can also grunge it up quite easily with leggings and combat boots when it's not so hot.


To be continued in a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment