Tuesday, 16 September 2014

Autumn red in American Apparel

Top - All Saints, Bag - Russell and Bromley (Ebay), Necklace - charity shop.
I'd picked up this bright red pleated skirt on two separate occasions in American apparel before finally giving in and deciding to try it on. I don't usually suit pleated skirts but the moment I tried it on, I fell in love. I couldn't fault anything about it. The shortness of it really flattered my petite frame and the high waist stayed high and true to size, unlike some skirts which fall down below the waist on me. I had to give American apparel 10/10 for getting the fit right. 

What attracts me most to American Apparel is their great quality, 'made in America' products, but for an ethical, non student friendly price tag of £46, the next 20 minutes consisted of me sitting on a bench mentally writing a pro's and con's list in my head. You know that feeling when you just have to have something and technically you can afford it but you know deep down you really shouldn't because of other priorities...like food, rent a.k.a. important things in life. 

 Finally and thankfully after realizing the above, I decided against it! Instead a week later I found solace in Ebay. The exact same red American Apparel skirt in a brand new condition was up for auction on Ebay UK, I nabbed it for no more than £19 including postage saving me more than 50%. It is always worth checking Ebay before committing to buy. A lot of people get put off by the idea it was someone's before or feel like it's too much hassle, but although there are risks Ebay guarantee's your money back if an item is not as described.

Surprisingly we've been having warmish weather up North these past few weeks so this was the outfit (with a thick cardigan on top) I wore for going into town. I think it screams Cher from Clueless or maybe Blair Waldorf from gossip girl, but I like a good throwback fashion icon. 








4 comments:

  1. great outfit !!!

    you have a lovely blog here and i love your design

    if you have a secound would be great to see you over on my blog

    http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    have a lovely day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, thank you :) I will have a gander over to yours then xx

      Delete